Blood - A SWG Guild Forum
Welcome to the the Ex Inferis Guild-forum, please sign to view and post. If you are not currently registered, register and contact Twinmoon or Plian in-game for clearance. Have a nice day!

Blood - A SWG Guild Forum

By the fire in my eyes, by the strength in my soul
I am a broken worlds avenger, an angel of death
and now the hour has come, the hour of Blood!
BY THESE WORDS I LIVE, BY THESE WORDS YOU DIE!!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and old members. Our forum is re-opened since SWG is alive once again - Join us @swglegends.com

Share | 

Example of commando set-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nihm
Council
Council

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Example of commando set-up   Wed May 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Hello all. I decided to make a post about the set-up on my mando, since it could be used as a suggestion or guide for those new to the proffesion!

First of all; Expertise

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

The main things in my expertise is the 2 HW attacks (with full dmg/acr), Stand fast (full) and Stim armor. After that there are a few points left that could be put anywhere basically. I Choose position secure with devastaiton... because devastation rocks. And also "You'll regret that" because you get snared a lot in pvp. Supressing fire can also be handy.

Gear

Armor stats: Strength, Precision and Block Value.
Exotics in chest, shirt and weapon are Block chance, Crit hit reduction and Heavy weapon crit (I would have devastation if it wasnt so insanly expensive, about 50 mill/mod, but thats what i really recommend if you can afford it)

Weapons:
I Have 4 HWs that i use, one of each element. They are

AK-Prime Rocket launcher (kinetic/Heat) which I use as my main weapon...
CC-V Legion Cryo Projector (energy/cold)
Acid launcher (kinetic/acid)
and the last one has high stat in electrical element and i only use it for AM and EK, dont even remember the name. Theese are all capped with exotics except last one and rocket launcher because its loot...

Jewelry:

Frontman set (250 Constitution, 25 Block Chance (5% Combat Defense: Block), 750 Block Value and enrage ability (dont think i ever really used that though)

Standard Buffs:

Pups - Block chance (27BC * 3) I have block chance in all mostly because im lazy and like stacking. The final result of my Block stacking is 48% block. And I block ALOT of dmg. I have about 100 BC and over 1200 BV.

For entbuff i usually take Crit hit, Action cost (those HW attacks use action...), Glancing blow (you can never get enough of defensive stuff if you're a tank imo) 6% second chance heal (helps...) and the last 3 points split on armor (since i have about +9k in armor as base i dont need 3k from entbuff to get over 10k)

Allt the 7 medic buffs.

Deneelian Fizzpudding (205 luck, 3 BC, 30 BV)

Mustafar injection (100 to Strength and Precision) ....or shard of serpent( good when dueling another mando or spy or medic..., DoT reduction)

Gacklebat familiar

Heal stims, heal stims, heal stims. Heal stims from gwc bases A,B,C and D. If B, C or D is not availible, find an officer and get some heal stims from him. The commando heal is not very good...

Buffs for special occasions:

GCW buffs. All of them at once, yes!!

Sith holocron (Constitution and Stamina + 150, 3 mins and long CD)

Rancor aid, food buff that gives a small amount of snare resist

Tactical stim from officer

Aurilia buff bought from the mayor of aurilia +150 in stamina and some crit hit for 2 hrs. costs a few heroic tokens.

Holiday buffs if availible...

Also last chance heal and amors increase from GCW base if availble (a few 100 point extra armor for 30 minutes and a last chance heal of 800(A) or 1500 (B) points also 30 min duration.)

This is the things i can think of now, There might be something i forgot to include! I would love to see ur set-ups! I know mine works like a charm. I can tank most things and i deal a lot of damage, which is the purpose of commando prof in my opinion!

Rivad

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Example of commando set-up   Thu May 06, 2010 6:12 am

Here is my Commando that lives on Starsider:

It doesn't look like much, but that setup allowed my commando to kill buffed dark side jedi with cloak of hate while commando was cl82 and wearing factional themepark armor.

The damage comes from dot stacks and grenades.

SG-665 TREK

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Example of commando set-up   Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

For a long time I was getting my Scout Trooper arse kicked by the likes of Jedis, I concentrated on Bomb-lets and Grenades which seemed like a good choice but weren't as you'd take more damage than you could dish out.

So after some Great advice from Baldvin about Stand fast and Secure Position. I Reset my expertise and played around with it. First I tried having Mirror armour/heal but found I was lacking something. I dropped those abilities although usefull so that I could spend all my points in stand fast and have the group buff that comes with it too. Since then I've found battling level 90 jedis with their superior powers a breeze, even when caught off guard in PVP.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's my current set up, and yes I have a pet so I wasted a point on Pet tricks, it keeps my pet happy.

An Imperial soldier conducts a search of a house suspected of hiding Rebels. Where does look? He looks in the basement, he looks in the attic, he looks in the cellar, he looks everywhere *he* would hide, but there's so many places it would never occur to a Soldier to hide. However, the reason the Emperor's brought me off my Forest Duty on Endor and placed me here is because it does occur to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Example of commando set-up   

Back to top Go down

Example of commando set-up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1