Blood - A SWG Guild Forum
Welcome to the the Ex Inferis Guild-forum, please sign to view and post. If you are not currently registered, register and contact Twinmoon or Plian in-game for clearance. Have a nice day!

Blood - A SWG Guild Forum

By the fire in my eyes, by the strength in my soul
I am a broken worlds avenger, an angel of death
and now the hour has come, the hour of Blood!
BY THESE WORDS I LIVE, BY THESE WORDS YOU DIE!!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and old members. Our forum is re-opened since SWG is alive once again - Join us @swglegends.com

Share | 

Nihms setup - example for all purpose medic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nihm
Council
Council

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Nihms setup - example for all purpose medic   Wed May 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Here is my toons setup and some tips about the medic prof. Enjoy.

Nihm - All purpose medic

Expertise:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know this looks crazy. But really, with this i can theoretically take down any prof in a duel and at the same time heal maximum amount in PvP/PVE

Armor and stats

R.I.S. armor with Block value, agility and strength

Exotics are Healing potency, Block chance and Crit hit Reduction (shirt, chest, weapon)

Weapons

Nightsister energy lance, schem drop from Axkva Min. 1190 dps (97 elec). With inbuilt Melee Crit chance 30 etc

or Massassi Carbine from EK. Very nice carbine with cold elemental dmg. 1173 dps (94 cold)

Jewelry
First response - I use first response most of the time now, even during PvP. This is because it gives action cost reduction to heals, fast CDs and also free shot chance on heals and rez.
DOOM set - I use this in small scale pvp, duels or PvP with many medics. (simply when i dont have to focus 100% on heals i use it, cause it gives reduction to cooldowns on debuffs and also longer duration on debuffs, plus it has 10% to cause DOOM which gives ur target all ur debuffs and bleeding)
Battle medic set i dont use anymore, since i only have 2 medic buffs and the 1,5 hour buff length is the only thing useful with this set.

Buffs

Entertainer buff - I go with Action cost reduction, 6% second chance and full armors and rest constitution (90) for PvP most of the time. For PVE i prefer Healer (10pts!!!), Action cost reduction and rest on armors.

Food - Trimpian (Healing potency and constitution)

Pups - Crit hit Reduction x1, Healing potency x1 and Block Chance x1

All medic buffs

Favour of the elders

Mustafarian injector

Mynock familiar

Tactical stim from officer

Heal stim from officer

Aurilia buff from the mayor

Rancor aid

Bacta kit mark III

GCW buffs

GCW base heals stims, action heal stims, last chance heal and mitigation powder.

GCW medic banner

Other stuff

Most important things to have as medic in my opinion:
Stasis, Bactabomb, Cure disease and all the healing action cost and healing potency u can get.

My toolbar looks something like this (this is a bit old but its basically the same as now)

(on Ctrl+2 i have all the buffs and such.)

PvP tips:

I only use heal stims when attacked by spy (they got some reset cooldown nasty thing when they attack that doesnt affect heal stims) and also when pistol whipped. If i use first response set i seldom have to use heal stims otherwise.

Always remember to stay in the back of the group in PvP. The enemy will target you and kill you if they can if they know your proffesion. Medic and officer are always first target.

Always use your rez on other medics first if there are other medics.

Keep spamming area heal even if you feel its not absolutly necessary. It has short enough cooldown, same goes for ur small heal, but beware it takes alot of action.

Last but not least: using cure disease and serotonin boost on your groupmembers as soon as they get dotted or debuffed will save you a lot of healing and keep them alive longer!

//Nihm

Last edited by Twinmoon on Sat May 06, 2017 10:51 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected exotics and pups)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ikanpikan
Rivad

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Nihms setup - example for all purpose medic   Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 pm

That is the 'setup' I used when I rolled medic for the first time in my life.
The fun I had killing people with the nasty dot from the bleed cloud!
Combat medic is a lot of fun. Even though that expertise build looks somewhat silly Very Happy

Nihm
Council
Council

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Nihms setup - example for all purpose medic   Wed May 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Rivad wrote:
That is the 'setup' I used when I rolled medic for the first time in my life.
The fun I had killing people with the nasty dot from the bleed cloud!
Combat medic is a lot of fun. Even though that expertise build looks somewhat silly Very Happy

Well, I only see 2 reasons for having points on one of the other 2 pages. One if you are a BM/Medic, where of course then u want points in BM, and Second if you want to be a buff medic, of course then you'll need the buffs.
Everything else, like evasion for example is pretty useless since it takes 13 points of expertise and has like 10 sec duration and long cooldown, might only be worth it if you are buff medic and already set the "pre-points". And i think medic, second to smuggler, has the best debuffs in the game.
This is the best set up i've had in 4 years. If this was combat medic though it wouldve had points in Carbine damage and the carbine attacks from first page. This is more debuff/support/all-around-medic if you ask me. Im defiently still groupsupport in first hand even with this expertise.

Would be nice if you could post your BM/Medic set up Rivad, it would be a nice add to this thread or a new thread, and then maybe Symeon who is fully support. Even though there are lots of guides and stuff on offical forums i think its better to have ours here so that we can inspire new members to stay with medic prof or switch to it, cause we need more good medics in the guild and on the server!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nihms setup - example for all purpose medic   

Back to top Go down

Nihms setup - example for all purpose medic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1