Blood - A SWG Guild Forum
Welcome to the the Ex Inferis Guild-forum, please sign to view and post. If you are not currently registered, register and contact Twinmoon or Plian in-game for clearance. Have a nice day!

Blood - A SWG Guild Forum

By the fire in my eyes, by the strength in my soul
I am a broken worlds avenger, an angel of death
and now the hour has come, the hour of Blood!
BY THESE WORDS I LIVE, BY THESE WORDS YOU DIE!!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Welcome new and old members. Our forum is re-opened since SWG is alive once again - Join us @swglegends.com

Share | 

.:Baldvin's Ultimate Medic Guide:.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baldvin
Council
Council

Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: .:Baldvin's Ultimate Medic Guide:.   Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 am

.:The Official Baldvin's Medic Guide:.

First of all, there are several 'Types' of medics, mostly it depends on how you prefer your gameplay. I will take notes of few of the primary options. However, I will not take notes of medics with Buffs, because I have really bad opinions about it and it reduces the effectiveness of the profession by far too much.

Medic is a Healer class obviously. It can even be a good solo class, mostly if Beast master, and really fun to play even though it requires demanded attention and quick reactions.

:---PROLOGUE---:

GENERAL WEAPONARY & UNMODDED EQUIPMENT:

MELEE IS MOST SUITABLE. IT ALLOWS YOU TO PARRY INCOMING DIRECT ATTACKS, WHICH CAN BE A LIFE SAVER AT TIMES. AND WITH RECENT UPDATE, THEIR RANGE IS 5METERS INSTEAD OF 4. GET HEALING POTENCY INBUILT. ELEMENTAL IS GOOD AT ELECTRICITY, BUT HEAT WORKS GOOD ASWELL. ACID IS TERRIBLE FOR MEDICS BUT COLD CAN WORK FOR MELEE.

IF YOU PREFER GUNS, TAKE A GOOD CARBINE, WITH HEAT ELEMENTAL OR ELECTRICITY. DON'T TAKE DC-15 CARBINE BECAUSE IT ONLY HAS 35M RANGE AND THAT IS VERY POOR FOR A CARBINE, FIRESTAR 10-k CAN REACH 55M RANGE. PISTOLS HAVE NO BONUS AND RIFLES CAN WORK ASWELL, JUST USUALLY DON'T HAVE THE SAME DAMAGE.

ARMOR & PERSONAL SHIELD GENERATOR
TRY TO TAKE PRIMUS BATTLE ARMOR. THOUGH KINETIC WORKS BETTER BECAUSE MOST SPIKE DAMAGE WHICH KILLS YOU INSTANTLY IS KINETIC, LIKE SPIES AND BOUNTY HUNTERS. SO ASSAULT ARMORS MAY BE A PREFERABLE CHOICE. PERSONAL SHIELD GENERATORS EXTREME CAP IS: RECHARGE RATE 79,1 AND THAT IS ONLY ON OLD REPUBLIC ONES. PERSONAL SHIELD GENERATORS CAN BE ATTACHED WITH ARMOR ATTACHMENTS.

TAKE A BACKPACK, I STRONGLY SUGGEST EITHER TUSKEN KING BACKPACK OR THE ISD ONES, TAUNTAUN BACKPACK WORKS FINE ASWELL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: The First AID #1.

The Expertise can vary, but in PvP most of those medics have the very same setup, it has been advanced and only a handful of the most skilled PvP medics use it, to get their defense to the limits even though stacking 3x Healing potency powerups.

It includes having a Pet. Not many points in Beast Mastery, but it is primarily to get the Defensive stats the pet has, so pick a good pet with good defensive stats such as high Block chance&Value, Evasion, Dodge and such. Like Chuba for example. But there are many other better pets out there, just not something I have studied to the limits, this is a question for an experienced Beast Crafter, or a Beast Master veteran, which frankly I am not.

Expertise would appear like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I added some Debuffs which are supportive mostly, and also enable you to handle yourself against bounty hunters if you get unlucky. Thyorid rupture to reduce their damage output by -25% and Traumatize which is a high-damage attack to their action pool. Really a nightmare to fight against it as bounty hunter. Evasion gets a Cooldown reduction from the First Responder heroic set, so is really, really useful.

SEA's can wary aswell. Medics will need high Health bar to survive sudden attacks such as Snipershots, Superior Firepower and many other things, also just because you may use Reckless Stimulation alot when you don't have an officer, and that will cost you health to get action. BUT, medics argue often which setup is the 'best'. In my opinion, you don't need an extreme amount of constitution, I have the Biological Focus Crystal, so if you have it, don't make constitution so much of a deal.

I occasionally run this on my Medic; Common Block suit

Armor Attachments:
Agility
Strength
Block Value.

Exotics:
Critical Hit reduction (Negating crits is lovely, people will take you as a primary target ANYWHERE, so negating all crits will make you feel like a god)
Block Chance (Block suit, duh Razz )
Healing potency (Yes, if you don't stack it as a medic, you're doing a terrible failure.)

Some people rather get block suit with Con in it, then they usually switch Block value with Constitution, but I don't recommend it, it's your choice after all.

Some people prefer to avoid Block suits, mostly their suits look like: Constitution, Agility and Luck. Luck for the evasion, but it gives far too little value to be worth stacking in my opinion, as for medics need all the defense they can get. Some people, like an infamous player named "Petra-Degeran" used Stamina in his suit, so his suit was like: Constitution, Agility and Stamina. with Critical Hit reduction, Healing potency and Heal action cost reduction in exotics. He could manage a bit solo as medic, but his skill level is really bad if you manage to get in an experienced PvP group. He isn't a support medic however, he is an offensive 'DOOM' Medic. With alot of debuffs. I will go into that later.

Powerups: Use Healing potency as much as you can (14 is cap, 15 is a very rare overcap. One healing potency point equals one more percent of healing.)
In PvP, Critical hit reduction becomes a more critical stat to stack, since being a primary target will get you killed quickly if you don't think fast. As above, it negates critical strikes towards you. Block chance is a really good stat in powerups in solo PVE, where you tank mostly, and such. Critical hit reduction is unnecessary since you already have some in exotics, and NPC's have really low chance to land a crit hit on you even without it, they normally do a "Punishing Blow" in their high-damage attacks which is unavoidable by any means except maybe dodge, parry and glancing blow. Glancing blow is a myth to stack as a medic. Or if not, it is really useless since it is one of the most difficult stats to stack in the game. In Pve, I stack 3x Healing potency pups, as in value 14 minimum. Yes, I am really thight on my pants when it comes to perfection or reaching the limits myself. Heal Action Cost Reduction
Powerups are just a legend (lol) and do not exist.

Other Buffs:

Entertainer buff: Normally try to take both armors, people hate waiting between heroics, 2250 armors of each should be sufficiant. Take full healing potency, and try taking Action cost reduction aswell if in PvE. In PvP, take 3000 armors, action cost, crit hit reduction and rest in healer.

Food: Trimpian. Breath of heaven And/OR Accarragm. Accarragm is good for me especially since I need to chase those darn jedi who run away from me. It modifies the Movement speed of your character. Like turns you into Forrest Gump. (No, not really, but close) Breath of heaven gives 211 constitution when capped and 3% dodge chance, really good if your constitution is really low and maybe if you use that block suit above and got no biological focus crystal. Trimpian gives atleast 11% Healing potency and 40 constitution, so really really useful as support.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2: The Doom

Expertise for those medics usually are very, very similar. It is a must to take debuffs with it, or you'll be more useless than Iceland in the World War.

Expertise usually look like this. With ALL points in the "Medic Specialization" Page.

The Doom set grants NO action cost reduction to Medics. So it is really really challenging to use without an officer around. I believe one debuff takes up approx. 3500 action from your action pool, which is like almost a 1/4 in most cases. Or even 1/3.

However, if you manage to DOOM someone, then ALL your debuffs are applied to the target, really really nasty situation.

Use it cautiously, DO NOT USE IT IN PVE, IT IS REALLY USELESS. HOWEVER, THE EXPERTISE CAN COME IN HANDY.

Suit is really similar to what I explained above, but the stat Healing Action Cost becomes more handy. However, I do not recommend it because it has been reported to not function at all. Critical hit reduction is a more preferable stat for Doom medics because they PvP often, and people hate the debuffs and often target them instantly. They tend to flank a bit, let them be the target instead of the actual Support medic.

However, try to use First responder if you're in groups, it really can help alot, even with that setup, you can use the Serotonin Purge ability to purge NPC's from their Superior Firepower. NPCs like that can be found on the ISD, Captain Kenkirk, and aswell the Rebel Phalanx Commanders in Hoth.

Food: Breath of Heaven or Accarragm. You will need accarragm to get in range often, and for its extra defenses. Breath of heaven is better in sole defenses, though.

Entertainer buffs are v. similar, but you're more going to need Action Cost Reduction than ever.

Chapter 3: The Caretaker of the Beast

Expertise can vary hell of a lot, depending on what your primary gaming activities are, and no I am not talking about touching yourself, though that is a good thing in between, nevermind.

If PvP is your primary focus, you will want to keep abilities such as Drag Corpse, and then your pet won't be as effective. When this server has been quiet like Chimaera has been last weeks, I've been running with this expertise, and it is quite common.

However, it doesn't function well if you haven't leveled and tought your pet the skills needed.

Food: Same as above, either Tripian or Breath of heaven. Accarragm is not necessary since your pet will chase your targets for you, lazy.. Razz

However, you have to be independent in selecting the expertise, the variations are so many that I cannot count it.

Setup will have to be the same as above, however you may need less defensive abilities in PvE. Even as BM, Battle Hardened heroic set can come in handy for the small extra damage, since your pet usually tanks. I strongly suggest an offensive pet, like Nexu, or some Cat. Even Cracktooth narglatch. Oh dear, it has Crack in its name! Must be powerful.

I Am not going to go into the offensive specials on the first page, because they're really useless and a waste of expertise points. Medic buffing is for buffbots in my opinion, and decreases the potential of a medic drasticly.

Anyway, questions? Please post in that case.

PS:
Use Line of Sight in pvp. Without it you are a dead meat. But try to get between your entire group before you fire the Bacta spray ability, it has about 20 meter range. And save your self stasis, don't use it unless you cannot heal yourself, and heal stims and IG head, save those aswell if you get a cooldown on your abilities or "Pistol whipped" by smugglers. AND, if you see an Officer with Superior Firepower up in PvP, stasis him right away to save countless lives. DON'T be a FRONTMAN, STAY BEHIND group. In heroics, stasis the big boss if your group is having problem managing their damage output, like I occasionally stasis The Open Hand of Hate just to let the group regenerate health and to get cooldowns ready. Also, at last phase of Exar kun instance, if you're watching the wrath tank, then keep him healed as usual, IF HE DIES, You have to hurry like a maniac and stasis THE WRATH before he kills the rest of your group. THEN instantly rez the wrath tank, and maybe give him the buffs you have if you got the chance to.

.:Baldvin's Ultimate Medic Guide:.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1